Kimberly Reiss (Newton)

Kimberly Reiss, a Boston University junior with flowing blonde hair, a sociable smile, and hazel eyes, loves history, reading, rock music, Paris, and her cat, Patches.

Kimberly is from Mahwah, N.J., which is in the northern part of the state. Her parents own an ice rink, The Vault, in Wayne, N.J. She has an older brother, Bryan, and a younger sister, Chelsea, and three cats, with Patches as her “baby.”

“She is very serious about her friends,” her mother said. “She expects back what she gives, and when that doesn’t happen, she gets very upset.” She is also close to her family.

Kim is a magazine journalism major with a minor in History. Her favorite city is Paris because of its rich history in the arts, architecture, and culture. She said she would love to work for Rolling Stone Magazine. “I love music, especially the Beatles and alternative rock,” she said. “I guess you can say I am a rock and roll kind of girl. But I have also always been good at memorizing facts and dates.”

“I love traveling. I have an itch,” she said. Her favorite place in the world is the South of France, describing it as “beautiful” regarding its landscape and aura.

Kim hopes to be someplace far for her 21st birthday in March, but doesn’t know where yet. “I will not be here in Boston, I will tell you that much,” she said. She wanted to study abroad in Paris for a semester, but school restrictions did not allow her.
Kim has been to Egypt, the Caribbean, Hawaii, all over Europe, Mexico, and China. “It is so much fun, especially with all the different cultures,” she said.

Kim also likes to be alone. “I am a social person, but at times I just go for drives or sit on my bed and read. I don’t need things to be fast paced all the time.”